O Frabjous Day! Calloo, Callay!

After days of driving to grocery stores all around Northern Virginia at all hours with no relief, I FINALLY GOT A FLU SHOT! Baby Pele is very happy that we are not going to get sick.
I had to wait for 4 hours in line just to get a number, then another 2 hours to get the actual shot. During this time I finished Thomas Sowell's EXCELLENT book Vision of the Anointed and began Chesterton's Heretics.
Some people are amazingly oblivious. While they were actually giving the shots, all the people who had numbers were waiting in line (100 people). Yet people would come into the store, walk past ALL of the people waiting in line, come up to the nurse and say, "I'd like to get a flu shot." Um, maybe you've seen on TV that THERE'S A SHORTAGE? Maybe you saw 100 people in line before you, all of whom have NUMBERS that they got because they waited in line overnight? HELLO? I wonder how these people dress themselves. I really, really do.

No comments: