A link to a company that SUCKS.

FlexAmerica takes my COBRA payments and is supposed to pass them on to Unicare, my health insurer. Sounds easy, right? Well, twice now I have had payments declined because "I'm not insured." Until I call FlexAmerica and Unicare to remind them that the $600.00 I sent them last month says that I am, in fact, insured.
It's also nice to know that if I was really uninsured, NO ONE WOULD THINK TO TELL ME THAT, so I am just waiting to get hit by a car, thinking I would be covered, when that's not the case.
Let's not forget that they don't accept credit or debit cards, only checks, and that these checks cannot be sent in more than one month in advance for those of us who prefer a little peace of mind.
Thank you, FlexAmerica, for being the worst company I have ever had to deal with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Plus at the end of the year, when your payments change, you don't even get the coupons for payment until about a week before they are due. Also they INSIST on Cobra recipients paying by check (and thus trusting the U.S. Mail) and won't let you use a debit or credit card! You can't pay online and are FORCED to use the postal system.

Just now, I found I cannot log into my account at FlexAmerica without resetting the password. All information on past payments, etc. have disappeared and there is no information on what I'm supposed to pay. (I did FINALLY find the coupons -- but it took me half the morning to do that.)

Congress needs to look into this company and their practices.