What I learned at Woodrow Wilson's birthplace -

I visited Woodrow Wilson's birthplace in western VA two weekends ago. The facility contains a small display on World War I, which given their limited space for it (2 rooms) is good. But HERE'S an interesting fact that I didn't know, and I'll wager you didn't either (except Otto Hiss and Cacciaguida, I bet they know this) - many American citizens of German origin were jailed during the war. Like the internment of the Japanese citizens that we have heard so much about, only worse - presuming that jail is worse than an internment camp, which I cannot say for certain.
This fact really blows a hole in the theory that the internment camps for the Japanese are a product of American racism, hmm? Which is of course why we haven't heard about it.

No comments: