A letter from the Bishop of Fargo -

A while back I wrote a letter to Bishop Aquila of Fargo thanking him for reminding the Catholics of Fargo that those who demean the Eucharist risk hell. He wrote me a nice letter back and I thought I would share it with you.

DIOCESE OF FARGO
OFFICE OF THE BISHOP
5201 Bishops Boulevard, Suite A
Fargo, North Dakota 58104-7605
www.fargodiocese.org
Phone: 701.356.7944
Fax: 701.356.7999

May 25, 2004

Zorak the Mantis
1000 Mantis Lane
Mantisville, VA 22222

Dear Ms. Mantis,

Thank you very much for your letter of May 8th. Thank you also for your donation to Human Life International with the request for their prayers for me. I have received a number of personal letters and e-mails from clergy and laity on the recent homily I presented (April 25, 2004) concerning the relationship between a person's Catholic faith and their living it out in the world.

I am grateful to you for your kind words of support and most especially your prayers. I am overwhelmed by the positive comments I have received, especially by those who have found the homily helpful in understanding the Church's teaching of the role of the laity in the transformation of the world. May the Risen Lord fill you with His peace and bless you abundantly. May Our Lady of Guadalupe keep you under the protection of her mantle of love.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

(Real signature)

Most Reverend Samuel J. Aquila
Bishop of Fargo

No comments: