USATODAY.com - Hit hard by job losses, blacks deserve more aid
This article is the dumbest thing I have read in some time. The example used to illustrate "a person who can't get a job" is a woman with a nursing degree. Right now there are more nursing job shortages than in almost any other profession. We are importing nurses from other countries. Any nurse who wants a job can get one. But the woman profiled in the article has decided she doesn't want to be a nurse, despite her degree, and can't get a job doing something else. So she gets MY money? She clearly is not in dire need of a job, or else she would take a position as a nurse.

Find me a person who is starving in America, and I will take out my wallet. But this story only makes me even more unwilling to contribute a dime to more welfare spending.

No comments: