United Press International: Analysis: How smart is Bush?

This story reports that GW's SAT score, 1206, translates to an IQ of 120-125 ish, putting him in the 95th percentile. I am really depressed to think that 1200 on the SAT is the 95th percentile of intelligence.
I got an 1140 on that test when I was 13 years old. It's just not that hard. Objectively.

It scares me to think I am supposed to be particularly smart according to these sorts of tests/theories. I don't feel particularly smart. I want there to be lots of people who are much, much smarter than I am. If for no other reason than that I can learn from them and not have to figure it out for myself.

Or are there smart people who would score poorly on these tests, and their intelligence is simply not captured in that way? I'm open to that possibility too.

No comments: