Victor Lams gets it right on the ickiness of cloning for the person cloned: "That's right, Jenny: Your mommy loved herself so much that she had you created to be just like her!" Talk about pressure to not disappoint your parents: "You know, Jenny, when I was your age I was twenty pounds lighter than you are and could already read. And don't give me any of that crap about how you can't read or how you're hungry all the time because I know what you're capable of!"
I always thought this would be especially creepy in the case of kids cloned from dead siblings, given the dead sibling's name, clothes and toys, etc. Maybe mom and dad can sit the kid down at age 5 to go over the child's interests and development for the next 10 years, based on what the sibling liked. And of course, the hairstyles will be the same too. But this is only the latest stop on the "kid as possession" journey.

No comments: