"If Chickpea Eater and others like him and I were to form a religious community, in a few days we would all be eaten by plants." -- Old Oligarch, after doing the following for at least the 10th time: Deciding that the coffee is better if it does not immediately flow from the coffee grounds to the pot, but is allowed to "steep" there for a moment. For this reason not putting the coffee pot in the coffeemaker after filling the maker with water and turning it on. Getting totally distracted, and wandering back into the kitchen 10 minutes later to find coffee grounds and steaming hot water all over everything.

Zorak: "Do you promise me you will never do this again?
O.O. "Yes. Yes, I do."

O.O., a few minutes later: "I need a list of all the things I've promised you in our marriage. You know, other than the always faithful jazz that everyone promises."

No comments: