Speaking of the Old Oligarch, I have been meaning to blog a few of his funny comments for a while. These are things he said back when we didn't have blogs that I wrote down in a little notebook. Now that the notebook has been replaced by technology, I want to include them here:

Jan. 2001, upon hearing that some people are allergic to alcohol: "WHAT! Let's pull some of those scientists off AIDS research and get them working on THAT!"

Feb. 2001: "Every day's like something new when you have sh-- for brains!"

Mar. 2001: "That sentence is the intellectual musk I have sprayed on the paper to 'mark my scent.'"

Aug. 2001: "Liquor has always been so good to me. I hope that someday I can be good to liquor."

Oct. 2001: "Peace isn't just some kind of cottage industry. It's everyone's responsibility."

Oct. 2001: Zorak: "Why are you being such a jerk?"
Old Oligarch: "Why are you being such an anti-jerk?"

Dec. 2001: "Just like a frat boy, liberals don't think it's any fun unless you're forced to do it."

Jan. 2002: "Sex is a very revealing activity. More so than, say, building a ship."

Feb. 2002: "I teach philosophy to Turing machines and monkeys."

Mar. 2002: "The shower really is a place of revelation for me."

No comments: