LAUNCH Music News::
Korn guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer has backed away from his statement that "Hitler went to heaven," which was published in the U.K. magazine Metal Hammer. In a statement released to LAUNCH by the band's representatives, Shaffer said, "I want to make it clear that in no way, shape, or form do I approve of Hitler's atrocities."
The statement continued, "[Hitler's] fate and treatment in the afterlife is determined by a higher power, not me or anyone else. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my comments, which read confusingly in Metal Hammer."
In the Metal Hammer interview, Shaffer was quoted saying, "I think this is true. Hitler went to heaven (if there is such a thing as heaven really exists). He felt that what he did was right, and I think that if what you feel you're doing is right, in your heart, then you can't be wrong."

No comments: